The science of Automation and Repetition
The two key principles when it comes to Data Migration are
- Repetition – this finds and eliminates any errors in the process
- Automation – this stops any new errors creeping into the process
Using DM REVOLVE, our inhouse toolset and these two key principles we can guarantee predictable results. We automate the process of migrating data, and ensure it is repeatable, over and over again so by the time the big day arrives the switchover will be smooth and trouble free.
From the planning stage through to finish, the data migration will be tracked and updated using our DM REVOLVE interface. You will be able to log in and see
- progress – where extra resources are needed
- the quality of the data being worked on
- any problems that might come to light.
Once the various data objects reach the relevant stage they will be extracted, cleaned and uploaded to a test server each night. This is in preparation for the switchover, once all of the data objects are ready, most will have been through the process many times. It is this repetition that ensures the final full load will run smoothly and 100% as expected.