We are currently recruiting SQL Developers in Australia and the UK!
DataMC and DataMC UK are looking for talented and enthusiastic SQL Developers.
The positions are based in Brisbane and Sunshine Coast in Australia, and Wakefield / Leeds in the UK.
To be successful in one of these roles, you will need to possess a good working knowledge of what data migration (DM) is. Ideally, you will have a minimum of 2 years experience working within a similar environment, but not essential.
A DataMC Developer’s role will encompass:
- Allocation to a project team and reporting to the Technical Lead
- Developing SQL Server scripts within DataMC coding guidelines and practices
- Specifying, building and testing, DM extract and transform ETL scripts
- Building automation into the DM extract and transform process
- Using tools to perform data profiling on source system data to assess data quality
- Being prepared to learn new technologies including DataMC’s own processes, toolsets and methodologies
- Participating in all aspects of the DM project lifecycle as required, i.e. project meetings, mapping requirements, ETL, data verification etc
- Being prepared to work outside normal working hours for trials and go-live events as required
- Supporting other projects as required
- Having good communication skills; both written and verbal is a must
- Possessing strong analytical competencies, an eye-for-detail and a curious mind are essential
You will possess strong skills and/or knowledge in the following:
- An understanding or experience of DM staging and ETL processes
- Demonstrated SQL Server coding ability
- The ability to create and document scripts/programs to facilitate the extraction, transformation and loading of legacy data using Microsoft SQL Server, or like ETL tools, to implement new system or data warehouse repositories
- Demonstrated experience in end-to-end DM trials/cutovers
- Git skills to manage version control and exposure to git flow methodology would be highly desirable
- You will have Australian Citizenship, Permanent Residency status or the right to work in Australia
Depending on where you are located, you will work from either our Brisbane office located in Fortitude Valley, walking distance to the train station, or our Sunshine Coast office, located in Buderim. This full-time position will not suit people looking to work remotely.
There will be a two-stage interviewing process, and if you are progressed through to the second round, an approximate one-hour SQL test will be required to be undertaken. Successful candidates will undergo our in-house intensive two-week training course prior to allocation to a client project.
We may interview shortlisted applicants before the closing date so if you are interested, APPLY NOW.